Wednesday, May 20, 2009

sneeks and peeks

Yesterdays day class was supposed to be a really straight forward class, but I,m not really sure what happened. I think I must have been speaking in a foreign language, because none of it seemed to be going in... If it wasn't one thing getting misinterpreted it was another.. Still it kept me on my toes and we all had a good laugh about it.

Here's Mary, Helen,Sandra and Shelley.




Doreen, Jane, Sue, Susan, Michelle and Sheila.




They had some cool shoe watch's tho. Here's Michelles slippers. Think I need a pair of those.


And these of Susan's are absolutely fabby. They are by one of my favourite makes , Irregular Choice. I am seriously jealous of these little beauties.



And these monochrome shoes were Dawn's.


Onto the night class and Sophie brought me her leaver ball shoes to show. How fab are these..??


Just look at the gorgeous heel...


Finished another workshop today. Its all in 7gypsy paper and I love it. Here's 2 sneeks.





I,ve also got some more beeswax pics to show. I have a massive workshop on Sat and this is an idea of what we will be up to.






These are just gorgeous little 4 x 4 canvases. Aren't they sweet..??





And so now another page from my personal art journal.



Love how this turned out...

Just love the texture that is exposed.

Has any one got any of their pages finished yet..?? C,mon don't be shy, send them in to me....Pleeeeaaaaasssseee..!!!
Ok, now off to land of nod as la la land is closed for maintenance..
Enjoy xx

7 comments:

Paper Paradise said...

The beeswax collage looks BRILL. Only two more sleeps, it's like waiting for Christmas, lol.
Sue x

flutterbycrafter said...

Fab canvases, love them. Sorry I can't be with you on Sat because it looks like it's going to be another brill day. I shall be really jealous when I see the pictures, still being with my granddaughters is compensation. Have a good day and hope they behave themselves for you Dy (don't kid yourself)....Ann xx

Linda M. Cain said...

Wonderful things!!! I LOVE shoes and stamps of all kinds, so this was a real treat. Beeswax is so much fun to work with...the smell alone is enticing!

Linda Cain

Darcy Marshall said...

Loving your art pages so much, its making mewant to make one so badly, but I have no idea where to start, did I read you had just used newspaper?

I wish i were nearer, I would bring you my shoes,I have some of them in a gallery on FB... lol

Sacred Yoli said...

What a beautiful post! And the chooz! Oh my.

I love beeswax collage! It is so addicting!

susie f said...

Loving, loving Susan's gorgeous shoeses, very jealous :)
But I'm now off work for 10 whole shoe wearing, inky fingered days....yippee!!! and I'm spending one and a bit down in Harogate (next tuesdays class and a visit on preview day)...double yippee. And you've got new Paper Artsy stamps in...think that calls for a whoop, whoop!!!
See you soon
Susie
xxx

Sandra Hall said...

Hey Dyan, re the "simple class" check out this old Chinese Proverb....I hear - I forget, I see - I remember, I do - I understand....
Thought this might give you a bit of insight into the different learning styles we all have - it's not you - honest!! lol

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott