Tuesday, September 9, 2008

...Scotland ScrapAttack...

Well friday started off extremley wet and miserable but the further north we drove the nicer the weather became. Was this an omen we wondered!! The drive went brilliantly, and we had the classroom and the shop all set up by 9.30pm. A record!!


Then round to the B and B, which i have to say is the nicest B and B i have ever stayed in. It was absolutely gorgeous and the owners couldn't of been more friendly or helpful. If you are ever in that neck of the woods you need to stay at the Mansfield.



The classes went brilliantly, nobody holding anybody up, nobody rushing ahead- it was just right. The hall had plenty of light and everyone could see and hear what was going on. Many a laugh was had especially when they realised that i have this uncanny knack of being stood right behind them the minute they do anything wrong!!






My only complaint was the food. The table was groaning with delicious home backing whispering our names. And for someone with lots of intolerances it was torture. I did give in on the Sunday with Fionas pavlova - I just couldn't help myself - mind you i did leave some for the others.


I had to judge all the challenges - a job i hate because the standard is always so high it's really hard to just pick one. One of my favourites was a mini book made out of a pair of earings - yes thats right earings. Really ingenious - I can feel a class coming on.





By sunday night everyone was really tired but extremley happy. And on that basis we have already set a date for next year - 7th and 8th September 2009. If you book before the end of October there is £10 discount off the total.




There was a lot of interest in my creative art journals and so next year there is probably going to be an extra workshop tucked onto the weekend for all you journal junkies. I think you can book it with or without the weekend - not sure - you know what i'm like!! I will give you a link tomorow. So thats it - its all unpacked and put back into the shop and studio ready to go again.

Bought a fab high pair of shoes yesterday (As a treat for all my hard work lol) and they are red - yes red!!! Not completley sure they are me. I'll photo them tomorow and see what you all think.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

So glad to hear that you got home safely :) I had a great weekend and am soooooo looking forward to next year. I think this year was even better than last year - it was so relaxed, friendly and homely.
I agree with you about the food on offer - absolutely fantastic!!
And having viewed the pics of your room and the bath now I understand what you meant when you said you could stay in that bath for hours!! :)
I have uploaded some pics to my PC and will email you them tonight or tomorrow.
Hugs
xxx

Bobs said...

Oooooh - that B & B room really does look fabulous!

Glad you had a safe journey home.

See you next year!! :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the red shoes instead of the Uggs. Red shoes are always my favourite. I think I wanted to be Dorothy in a previous life. I'm coming for the classes next year after popping in for the shop. Sonja

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott