Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Samples.........

Hi there, Hope you all had a fabby weekend. I spent the weekend playing with the new PaperArtsy Christmas stamps. They are called Egg & Nog - you can see them HERE
Half of hem I made quite modern by using watercolours and 7gypsies Hudson Valley papers and of course my favorite - Stardust stickles ( My only nod to stickles )


The other half I did a little more traditionally by using Blonde Moments pearl pigment powders (Festive Bronze, Festive Candy, Festive Gold and Festive Copper), 7gypsies Zanzibar papers and green shimmer card.

I am not sure which are my favorites yet. Can't quite decide, but it just shows how the same stamps look totally different. I was dying to do them in my usual pink and turquoise, but resisted the urge ( for how long I'm not sure ).

Last night I should have been working on my brochure, but my art journal winked at me and made me play. I prepped loads of background papers using Claudine Helmuths new Studio Line by Ranger.

I absolutely love these paints. they are more of an artist quality and mix beautifully. The delivery should be here in time for the Great Northern papercraft show this weekend, so I will talk about them more later ( I must warn you though, once you use them you will want them all. Be afraid - be very afraid! )

3 comments:

Sharon said...

hehehe glad you didn't have the paints with you at scrpattack then :-)

I bought some of those paper artsy stamps, they are very versatile. I like what you have done with them.

Michelle Green said...

Ooo I love paper artsy! They are absolutely fabby!
Mush
xx

Kirsty Wiseman said...

lummy! Wubs the claudine paints... wish she could have shimmied up the design on the packaging though

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott